Comments on Facebook posts are a key way to interact with friends and family and share your thoughts on the latest news.
However, the comments section on their Facebook page is mysteriously empty for some people.
This can be frustrating if you’ve put a lot of time and effort into crafting a witty or insightful comment, only to have it seemingly vanish into thin air. Don’t worry; you’re not alone! Many other people are reporting this problem. If you’re looking for a way to keep tabs on your loved ones’ Facebook activity, there are many apps to spy on facebook available that can help. These apps can be used to track someone’s account activity and even view their private messages.
But there is a solution. This article will explore some of the most likely reasons you can’t see comments on Facebook and offer some solutions.
Why Can’t I See Comments On Facebook?
One of the most common reasons is that your internet connection is not strong enough. Alternatively, the person who originally posted the content could have deleted the post or hid it.
You could’ve inadvertently hidden your comments settings from view. There could also be a glitch with Facebook that’s preventing the comments from appearing.
Facebook could also remove the comment because it was spam or contained a link to a malicious website. Or the comments violated their policies.
More Reasons Why You Can’t See Comments On Facebook
It’s important to understand why you can’t see Facebook comments to provide possible solutions. There are several reasons:
- The person who commented blocked you
- The comment was deleted by the person who made it or on Facebook
- Your account is not set up to see comments due to your privacy settings
- Facebook deleted the comment for a policy violation.
- The comment was hidden by the person who made it.
- You’re not the page admin: Some pages require only admins to see and reply to comments on a page.
- The original post was deleted by the person who originally posted the content.
- Facebook could filter out critical comments about the company or its products. The social media platform could be trying to reduce the amount of negativity displayed on users’ newsfeeds.
- Facebook could be concerned about the amount of fake news being spread on its site and focuses on verifying the authenticity of comments before they are published.
- Facebook deleted the comment for violating their Community Standards.
- Another potential reason is that your phone’s or computer’s cache may be a problem.
Possible Solutions To Why You Can’t See Comments On Facebook
Many reasons could explain why you can’t see comments on Facebook. A few of the more common reasons are:
Check Your Settings
One possibility is that you’ve inadvertently turned off the feature.
- Open the Facebook app
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down and tap on Posts and ensure Show Comments is turned on.
Another possibility is that your phone’s battery is low. If your phone isn’t charging, it will start to turn off certain features to save power.
Comments on Facebook may be one of the features that get turned off when your battery is low.
Check Your Internet Connection
You should check your internet connection. Comments may not show up if you’re having trouble loading the page. You can determine that by checking your internet speed.
In case your internet speed is below the minimum requirement for Facebook, you will not be able to see comments. Try loading other websites and checking to see if they’re working properly to rule this out.
If they are working properly, then the problem is with your connection. Try switching to mobile data instead o wireless.
Force-Quit & Restart The Facebook App
Another option is to force-quit and restart the Facebook app.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select Applications from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down the list until you find Facebook
- Choose “force stop.”
Relaunching an app might sometimes address various issues you’re having while using it. In addition, it’s one of the easiest ways to resolve the “comments not loading” issue on your Facebook app.
Log Out Of Your Facebook Account & Re-Sign To Your Account
If you’re still not seeing comments, your account may have a problem. To troubleshoot this, try logging out of Facebook and logging back in.
To check if you’re logged in to your account, open Facebook in a separate browser window. If you’re not logged in, you’ll see a prompt to log in at the top of the page.
After you log in, close the other window and refresh the page where you do not see comments.
Refresh The Facebook App
A couple of reasons may explain why you might not be able to see comments on Facebook. One possibility is that you just need to refresh the app.
To do this, open the Facebook app and pull it down on the screen. This will refresh the app and update any new posts or comments.
It would help if you manually did it. Although iOS and Android devices periodically refresh their apps in the background even if you’re not using them.
App refreshes can use cellular data to consume a lot of data if you have them enabled for many apps. Background app refresh is one of the many ways that iOS and Android devices can use battery power.
Check Updates For The App
If comments on Facebook don’t appear on posts, it could be caused by a bug in the app that’s preventing comments from loading. The first thing you should do is check if you have the most recent Facebook app version.
Head over to the PlayStore or the Appstore to check on updates. If not, update your app and see if that fixes the problem. If updating the app doesn’t work, the next step is to clear your Facebook cache.
Clear The Cache & Cookies
One possibility why you may not be seeing comments on Facebook is that your browser’s cache and cookies are preventing the site from displaying the most up-to-date information.
Cache and Cookies are files that store information about websites that you visit. This information can be used to speed up the loading of those websites the next time you visit them.
When you clear the cache and cookies, it removes all of that information from your device. This can be helpful if you’re having trouble loading a website or if you want to start fresh and remove all of the tracking data that’s been stored on your phone.
Cookies track your activities on those websites and can be used to store information about you, such as your preferences or login details. To clear your cache and cookies, follow these steps:
- Open your Settings app on your phone
- Look for the “Apps & Notification” and tap on it
- Scroll down and select Facebook in the list of apps and select it
- You should see “Storage or Storage & Cache.”
- Select “Clear cache.”
Uninstall The App And Re-Install It
It would help if you tried to uninstall the Facebook app and then re-install it. Once you’ve re-installed the app, try logging back into your account.
If you’re still not seeing comments, your account might have a problem. In this case, you’ll need to contact Facebook support for help.
Why Your Facebook Pages Aren’t Loading
There could be several reasons why your Facebook pages are not loading.
- One possibility is that Facebook is throttling or blocking the page due to too much spamming or other malicious behavior. Another possibility is that there is something wrong with the page itself.
First, check if your page is loading correctly on other browsers to troubleshoot this issue.
If it is only happening on one browser, then there may be a problem with that specific browser.
If the page is not loading on any browsers, there may be a problem with the website code or hosting.
- Another possibility is that there’s a problem with your internet connection. If it turns out there’s a problem with your internet connection, you might want to try restarting your router or modem.
Should that not solve the issue, contact your internet service provider.
- Another is that Facebook is having trouble loading the page. You can check if Facebook has any issues by visiting the Facebook status page.
If Facebook has trouble loading the page, you can usually fix the problem by refreshing the page.
You could also disable all plugins and extensions, clear your cache and cookies, and try loading the page in a different web browser.
Comments have proved to be an important part of the Facebook experience, as they allow users to share their thoughts on a post. But for some people, they just aren’t showing up. If you’re having trouble seeing comments on your posts, there are a few possible explanations.
Have you checked to see if your privacy settings are to blame? Or maybe you’re not using the latest version of the Facebook app? Whatever the reason, we hope that our offered solutions will help fix the problem. Thanks for reading!