Shopify is the most dynamic market consisting of independent stores (each one works as a separate site). It is ideal for entrepreneurs who want to open their online store quickly and without significant costs. In addition, using Shopify provides access to many of Shopify’s apps and builds a marketing-advanced custom site.
Benefits Of Shopify
- Shopify comes with amazing benefits. E-Commerce Platform:
- Easy to use and set up,
- Shopify sites load fast and are SEO optimized.
- He has fantastic customer support,
- The platform allows integration,
- It’s visually appealing and mobile,
- Shopify has many useful marketing tools,
- Most merchants say that Shopify’s only downside is the costs associated with owning a store. In addition to holding your store and making regular monthly payments, merchants pay a fee for the credit card payments they receive.
How To Sell On Shopify?
- You need to go to the shopify.com marketplace site and go through a simple registration procedure by filling in all the fields of the proposed questionnaire. Here you will need to set the name of the store, which will serve as your login in the Shopify system. And you can purchase a branded domain name and put it on the store later. If you already have an eCommerce store, then migration to Shopify right away.
- Register with Western Bid to receive payments from buyers, as well as easily and quickly send parcels to America and Europe.
- Decide on the product. To work with Western Bid, your goods mustn’t belong to the list of prohibited for sale. At the moment, Western Bid can work with drop shippers only if they add products to Shopify through the following applications: CJDropshipping, Dropified‑Dropshipping, and DSers‑AliExpress Dropshipping (the Oberlo application no longer cooperates with Shopify).
- It is necessary to place the first announcements. Create a store, brand, and seller information, add mandatory store policy pages, etc.
- Set up delivery methods. Through the Western Bid personal account, you can process shipments: by Ukrposhta (payment at the branch, do not seal completely – they are checked); Consolidation Plus – only in the USA (payment from the Western Bid account).
- Remove passwords for visitors, test all pages and checkout, and upgrade your store to the basic Shopify package ($29 per month) if you haven’t already.
- Apply to work and connect your store to accept payments and pass verification. Please note: the store is connected to receive payments through PayPal with an automatic reading of all incoming payments (that is, you will be able to see them in your Account).
- If you work or will work on the dropshipping system, after the initial check, our managers will ask you to check the requirements for work on dropshipping and leave another application – for a technical check on the applications and products you have chosen. To pass the verification, you need to prepare the store and submit a request. Shopify experts will tell you more, at the link: https://www.makebecool.com/services/shopify-plus-agency.
- Once your store is ready, you need to get traffic to it. This can be done through social media advertising, being active on Pinterest, working with bloggers, etc. Your site will also appear in Google searches. And for this, it is important to study SEO on it.
- Did the sale happen? Send the product. Enter the tracking number in the Personal Account and request to withdraw money.
What To Check Before Applying?
Before applying for connection, please check whether your store meets all the requirements:
- All products in the store are either produced by the store owner or imported into the store via CJDropshipping, Dropified‑Dropshipping, or DSers‑AliExpress Dropshipping applications.
- There should be no “empty”, unfilled areas, dummy content, or broken links on the site.
- The site should have a menu with access to the main sections of the site, store policy pages, feedback, and the “About Us” section.
- On the Contact us page, or the page with the feedback form, there should be alternative methods of contacting the store owner, not just a bare form. Shopify’s store traffic ranking showed that colourpop.com was the most visited site, scoring 3,311 in the Alexa traffic ranking.
- On the About Us page, you need to describe your model, why you are in this business, and the main idea of the store. The site should not be “impersonal” and without a responsible person.
- All Policies, Legal Pages – Shipment Policy, Refund Policy, User Agreement, etc. must be published on the website. They can be created through Settings → Legal.
Compared to other global marketplaces, on Shopify, you can have an online store and simultaneously offer products from it on Amazon, eBay, Etsy, social networks, or other sales channels.