In today’s world of digitalization, PDF has become a popular file format. Many people use PDFs as they are easy to share, secure, and maintain. However, sometimes you may have to deal with multiple PDF files or word and excel documents that you want to combine into one. In such cases, you may find it challenging to merge the files, especially if you are not familiar with the process.
Fortunately, there are several straightforward and cost-free online solutions that will help you to combine your files in a matter of minutes. In today’s article, let’s take a look at a few ways to merge PDF files on PC and Mac.
Why Merge PDF Documents?
Combining multiple PDF files into one document has several advantages, including:
- Making it easy to arrange documents and files
- Simplifying the process of sharing and collaborating on files
- Saving space
- Maintaining privacy and security by password-protecting
- Simplifying record-keeping and management.
How to Combine PDF Files Using Pro PDF
PDF Pro is a PDF editor that can combine, convert, and merge PDF. With PDF Pro, you can merge different format documents, and create a distinct, new PDF file. Here’s how:
- Go to PDF Pro and click the “Merge files” button under the “Create” tab.
- Click “Add files” to choose the documents to combine.
- Click “Create” to merge your PDFs.
Now, your merged PDF document will be ready.
How to Merge PDF Files on a Mac Using Preview
If you use a Mac, you can combine your PDF files using the built-in Preview app. Here’s the step-by-step guide:
- Launch your PDF file by right-clicking it, selecting “Open with,” and clicking Preview
- Choose “View,” followed by “Thumbnails” from the top toolbar
- Select a thumbnail page
- Choose “Edit,” “Insert,” and then “Page from File” from the top toolbar
- In the pop-up window, select “Open” and add the additional PDF
- Click the “File” option in the top toolbar of your assembled PDF
- Choose “PDF export”
How to Combine PDF Files Using Adobe Reader DC
Adobe Reader DC is one of the most popular PDF applications available. Here’s how to merge PDF files using Adobe Reader DC:
- Open Adobe Acrobat and the PDF file
- Click the “Tools” menu
- Go to “Files” > “Combine”
- Drag and drop or click “Add files”
- Click “Combine”
How to Merge PDF Files Using PDF Expert
PDF Expert is another popular editor created especially for Macs. You can merge, modify, and edit PDFs using Expert PDF. Here’s how to use it:
- Open PDF Expert
- Click “File” and choose “Combine Files”
- Select the required PDF files to merge (To select files hold the shift key)
- Click “Merge”
Merging PDF files is an easy process that can save you time, space, and effort. By following these simple steps, you can combine your PDF files with ease, whether you are using a built-in tool or an online tool.
With your files combined, you can organize and share them more efficiently and securely.