You probably already know that Google Translate is an awesome app. It’s one of the best language translation apps out there with over 120 languages supported. But what if you find yourself in a situation when you want to use Google Translate but don’t have internet access? How do you use Google Translate offline on your iPhone? In this article, we’ll show you how and why it’s important to have the app installed and accessible even without Internet access. With this article, you can learn all there is to know about using Google Translate offline on your iPhone, so keep reading!
How Do I Use Google Translate Offline On iPhone?
- Open the Google Translate app and tap on the top left 3-dot icon.
- Tap on “Offline Languages” and choose your desired language.
- Now you can use the app like normal, but it will only translate offline.
- To switch back to online mode, go back to the 3-dot menu and tap “Online Languages”.
- This option is available only for some languages because of bandwidth limitations, so please check if your language is supported before using this method.
- Also note that when you open an offline language in the Translate app, you should see a “Downloading…” message on the screen, indicating it’s loading from cache instead of an online translation service (which is slower).
- After you’re done with the offline translation, translate it to English or any other language, and then copy it to your clipboard.
- If you want to translate another word, just long-press on it and select “Translate” from the options.
- Then you can paste the copied text anywhere in other apps or emails.
- You can also use the “Share” button, in this case, to send a translated text via email, Twitter, or other apps installed on your iPhone.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Google Translate Offline?
- You can translate without a WiFi connection.
- You can translate on the go without an internet connection.
- It is great for traveling and business trips.
- It is useful for tourists and travelers visiting foreign countries as it will help them to communicate with the local people in their native language.
- It is also very helpful in emergency situations where no network connectivity is available and you need to get your message across to the local people or even to your family members back home who can’t understand your language or the local dialect of the country you are in, like the case of natural disasters like earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, etc., when you are abroad and internet connectivity is down, or even if you don’t have any wifi connection at all where you are staying or traveling to, then Google Translate offline can help you communicate with local people in their own language using Google Translate offline on iPhone by simply typing what you want to say into the app’s interface and then it will automatically translate it into that particular language so that they can understand what you want to say through their own native tongue!
- If you are traveling abroad, especially if you don’t speak English as a first language, then this feature of Google Translate Offline on iPhone will come in handy because it lets users type a message or phrase into the app’s interface that they want to be translated and then when they hit send button, it will be auto-translated into English so that the recipient of your message can understand you even if you don’t speak English as a first language.
- You can use this feature of Google Translate Offline on iPhone to translate foreign languages into your own native language so that you don’t have to carry a dictionary around with you all the time, especially if you are traveling abroad and need to find out quick translations of words and phrases in various languages.
- This feature will help users learn other foreign languages, whether it be for the purpose of communicating with the locals or just for fun!
- This feature is great if you’re trying to learn another foreign language!
- Google Translate Offline on iPhone also comes with a search feature that will help users find information about a particular word or phrase in the language they want to translate into.
Tips For Using Google Translate Offline On Your iPhone
- You can translate words and phrases by tapping on them.
- If you want to view the original word or phrase, you can tap on “View original” at the bottom of your screen.
- To delete a word or phrase, swipe left on it and it will disappear from your screen.
- If you want to add words or phrases to your favorites list, tap on the star icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- To change the order that Google Translate displays its results, tap and hold down a word or phrase until you see a blue checkmark appear next to it, and then drag it up or down on your screen until you find its correct place on your list of favorites.
- Google Translate is available in two different modes. The default mode will translate words and phrases for you as you’re browsing the web, but if you want to use it offline, you’ll have to switch to the “Offline Mode” by going to Settings > Offline.
- If you want to change the language of your translations, tap on “Settings” at the bottom of your screen and then select your preferred language from the list that appears.
- To use Google Translate with other apps on your iPhone, open Google Translate and then tap on “Share Translation” at the bottom of your screen. You can choose which app you want to share with, and then share your translation with just a few taps using this feature.
- If you want to use Google Translate with another app on your iPhone, like Safari, you can open Google Translate and then tap on “Share Translation” at the bottom of your screen. You can choose which app you want to share with, and then share your translation with just a few taps using this feature.
- When using Google Translate offline, you can search for phrases without having to select them first by tapping on the magnifying glass icon and entering words or phrases into the search bar in the top right corner of your screen.
With this article, we hope that you’ve learned everything there is to know about using Google Translate offline on your iPhone. Google Translate remains one of the most useful translation apps on the market, but it’s even more useful when you can use it offline. Now that you know how and why to use Google Translate offline, you can rest assured that you’ll never be in a situation where you don’t know what someone is saying to you again!