If you have recently treated yourself to a new HP laptop, then you are probably well aware that it doesn’t come with support for AirPods right out of the box. It is not uncommon for manufacturers to leave out support for third-party accessories in their computers, as this helps them sell their own branded accessories. While this might be annoying if you were hoping to use your AirPods with your new HP laptop from the get-go, there are ways to make it happen. Let’s take a look at how you can connect your AirPods to an HP laptop with ease.
How To Connect Airpods To Your Hp Laptop
Install Apple’s Bluetooth Software
The first step to connecting AirPods to your HP laptop is to install Apple’s Bluetooth software. If you are going to use a dongle to connect your headphones, you don’t have to install the software, but keep in mind that it may reduce music quality. The Bluetooth software provided by Apple is designed to ensure the smooth connection of your various gadgets with each other, including your AirPods. Plus, you can use it to quickly manage your Bluetooth connections from one place. Once you have installed the Bluetooth software on your HP laptop, you can connect your AirPods to it.
AirPods and HP Laptops with Bluetooth
If you own a newer HP laptop, you should be able to connect it to your AirPods via Bluetooth. HP laptops from 2019 onward come with Bluetooth 5.0, which delivers improved audio quality and reduced latency. If you have an HP laptop that is older than this, then you can still connect it to AirPods via Bluetooth, but the sound quality will not be as good. To see if your HP laptop can connect to AirPods via Bluetooth, check to see if the laptop is running one of the following operating systems: Windows 10, macOS, or Chrome OS. You can also take a look at the laptop’s specifications to see if it includes Bluetooth 5.0. If it does, then you should have no trouble connecting your AirPods to it.
Connect Your AirPods to Your HP Laptop Using a Dongle
If your HP laptop doesn’t support Bluetooth 5.0, then you can use a dongle to connect your AirPods to it. A dongle is a small device that plugs into one of your computer’s ports and acts as a bridge between two devices that don’t natively support each other. In this case, you will plug a dongle into one of your HP laptop’s ports to enable it to recognize your AirPods. This method is not as efficient as connecting your AirPods via Bluetooth, so you will notice a drop in audio quality. That being said, it is a quick and easy solution if your laptop doesn’t support Bluetooth 5.0.
Installing AirPod Support Via Third-Party Software
Another way to connect your AirPods to your HP laptop is to install third-party software that gives the computer support for Apple’s headphones. This is the best option if your HP laptop runs Windows 10 and doesn’t support Bluetooth 5.0. When you install the software, it will provide your HP laptop with the drivers it needs to communicate with your AirPods. You can find a list of software that does this on Apple’s website. It is worth noting that not all of the software listed on Apple’s website works with Windows 10. The only way to know for sure is to carefully read the reviews and descriptions of each piece of software. You can also visit forums and talk to other people who have used the software before to see what they think of it.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Airpods?
- The Airpods are wireless and therefore don’t require their own power source. It is a great advantage if you are going to be working with your HP laptop on the go. In this case, you will be able to charge your Airpods using the same charger that charges your HP laptop.
- The Airpods feature a built-in microphone so you can take calls without having to take them out of your ears. If you’re working in an environment where cell phones aren’t allowed, then this is another great benefit of the Airpods.
- The Airpods have a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope that allow for automatic switching between listening and talking modes based on the conditions in which you work or live (for example, in an office). Therefore, when there are no people around so that you can talk privately, the Airpods will automatically switch into a listening mode so that they will not pick up any ambient noise and disturb others who might be nearby. This is very useful if you want to take calls privately when talking on Skype or FaceTime but still want everyone in your family to hear what you’re saying because they might be able to help with whatever it is that you need help with.
- The AirPods feature a touch-sensitive surface which allows them to function as a remote control for your Apple TV or Beats Solo3 Wireless headphones through Bluetooth 4.0. This is another useful feature if you want to stream music from your Apple TV without having to use your Apple Watch or iPhone.
- The AirPods are very lightweight, so they don’t weigh down your ears and cause discomfort throughout the day.
- The Airpods have a built-in rechargeable battery that provides up to 18 hours of listening time before needing to be recharged. This is perfect for long flights where you can listen to music or podcasts on your laptop and charge the AirPods at the same time, leaving them charged for when you need them later in the day (for example, when going through airport security).
- The Airpods are very easy to operate and include a user-friendly remote control that allows you to adjust volume, control tracks, and play/pause songs with a simple touch of a button on the remote. You can also adjust the volume using Siri voice commands when you’re using an iOS device like an iPhone or iPad with Siri enabled (this works best when using AirPods with iPhones). These features make it easy for anyone who has limited dexterity such as people who have arthritis or people who have trouble controlling their hands due to injury or disease (for example, people who have had accidents in which their hands were injured). For those people, it is much easier for them to use their HP laptop because they don’t have to take out their HP laptop from its case every time they want to adjust the volume or change the song but instead can do this with just a simple tap of their finger on their HP laptop.
- The AirPods have an accelerometer and a gyroscope that detect movement and orientation, allowing them to turn on or off when people pick them up. This is a very useful feature because it is much easier for people with limited dexterity (for example, people who have had accidents in which their hands were injured) to put the AirPods in their ears without having to take out their HP laptop from its case every time they want to adjust the volume or change the song.
- The Airpods have a touch-sensitive surface that allows you to activate Siri by tapping your earbuds three times and asking “Hey Siri” (if you’re using an iOS device). You can also interact with Siri by saying “Hey Siri” when holding your iPad or iPhone in your hand if you don’t want to use an iOS device. This is especially helpful if you are driving a car because you can use this feature while driving without having to take out your iPad or iPhone from its case every time you want to adjust the volume, change songs, etc., but instead can do this with just a simple tap of your finger on your HP laptop. Doing this, saves your eyes from straining as much as possible while driving so that you are able to see the road better.
- The AirPods have a built-in accelerometer and a gyroscope that detect movement and orientation, allowing them to turn on or off when people pick them up. This is a very useful feature because it is much easier for people with limited dexterity (for example, people who have had accidents in which their hands were injured) to put the AirPods in their ears without having to take out their HP laptop from its case every time they want to adjust the volume or change the song.
Now that we’ve discussed how to connect AirPods to your HP laptop, there are plenty of uses for your headphones on a daily basis. You can listen to music, take calls, use Siri, and much more with them. Plus, there are tons of different HP laptops out there, with various price tags, so there is no reason not to treat yourself to one.