In this digital age, it’s not uncommon to see people using a laptop as their primary source of media. Whether you’re streaming on Netflix, browsing on YouTube, or playing your favorite video game, a laptop is a perfect device to do all this without compromising the quality of media and graphics. If you love playing games on your laptop and want to continue doing so in the comforts of your home – rather than having to lug around that heavy desktop computer alone – then there are ways you can use your laptop as a monitor for your PS4. Read on to learn more about how you can use your laptop as a monitor for your PS4!
How To Use A Laptop As A Monitor For Your Ps4?
1. Get A Dual Monitor Stand
A Dual monitor stand is a great way to use your laptop as a monitor for your PS4. The stand keeps the laptop and the PS4 in the same place, and it is also very easy to set up.
2. Get A Wireless Keyboard And Mouse
A wireless keyboard and mouse can help you connect your laptop to your PS4 without any wires or cables. You can easily move the keyboard to another room without disturbing your play session.
3. Use An HDMI Cable
An HDMI cable allows you to connect from one device to another using an HDMI port. It’s easy and simple, and it will allow you to play on your laptop while you’re sitting on the couch with friends!
4. Use An Old Cell Phone As A Remote Control For Your Ps4
If you have an old cell phone lying around, why not use it as a remote control for your PS4? You can keep both phones handy and use one to control the PS4 while you’re playing on the other.
5. Use A Usb Hub To Connect Your Laptop To Your Ps4
A USB hub is a device that allows you to connect multiple USB devices simultaneously, as well as charge multiple devices at once. This can help you keep your laptop and PS4 connected without any wires or cables!
6. Get A Wireless Network Adapter For Your Laptop
If you have an old wireless network adapter lying around, why not use it for your laptop? You can connect your laptop to the Internet using this adapter, allowing you to stream your favorite games from anywhere!
7. Get A Ps4 Remote Control For Your Laptop
You can get a PS4 remote control for your laptop if you want to play on both devices at once without touching your keyboard or mouse. You can even adjust settings on both at the same time!
8. Get An External Hard Drive
You can connect an external hard drive to your laptop to store games, videos, and more. You can connect up to 3TB of storage, so you can definitely store a lot of games and videos on this!
9. Get A Wireless Keyboard And Mouse
If you have an old wireless keyboard lying around, why not use it as a wireless mouse? This will allow you to have a wireless connection between the two devices without any wires!
10. Use Your Laptop As A Remote Control For Your Tv
If you want your laptop to act as another remote control for your TV, why not get this PS4 remote control? You can easily adjust settings on both at the same time!
What You’ll Need?
First, you’ll need to know the necessary equipment to use your laptop as a monitor for your PS4. For this, you’ll need an HDMI cable, an HDMI-in port, and an Ethernet cable. It’s ideal if you have these items in hand before you get started, so you don’t have to go searching for them when you’re ready to set up. It’s also best to ensure your laptop’s power is fully charged, so it doesn’t die halfway through the process. If your PS4 is hooked up to a TV via an HDMI cable, it will not be possible to use your laptop as a monitor for your PS4. This is because PS4 can only output via HDMI.
Hooking Up Your Laptop To Your Ps4?
- First, you’ll need to connect your laptop to your PS4. You’ll need to use an HDMI-in cable, then use an Ethernet cable from the LAN port on your laptop to the Ethernet port on your PS4.
- Once you have connected everything, go ahead and turn on your PS4.
- Go into “Settings” and go into “Video Output Settings” and set it to “HDMI 1” by default. This is done so that you can play games that require a specific HDMI connection on your TV as this will be the only one used for gaming purposes (PS4).
- There will be a small box that appears on your PS4 that says “HDMI 1”. This is where you will be able to see your laptop as a monitor for your PS4, so make sure you can see what’s happening on the laptop.
- Once you can see what’s happening on the laptop, go ahead and play a game or two to ensure everything is working correctly. If it isn’t working correctly, try restarting your computer and reconnecting everything again. You may also need to try connecting with an Ethernet cable instead of an HDMI cable.
- Once you are certain the process is working correctly, go ahead and disconnect all of the cables from your PS4 except for the HDMI-in cable from your laptop to your TV screen (This way if anything goes wrong with either one of them, only one connection will be disconnected).
- Replace all other cables except for the HDMI-in cable.
- Now, go ahead and turn on your PS4 again, and it should connect to your laptop automatically.
- You’re finished! Your PS4 has now been converted into a monitor for your laptop so you can use it as if it were a TV screen or computer monitor!
- You can now play games on your PS4 that require a specific HDMI connection on your TV as this will be the only one used for gaming purposes (PS4).
Converting Your Laptop To A Monitor For Your Ps4
- Connect the HDMI cable to your laptop and the PS4.
- Turn on your PS4 and select “Settings” from the main menu. Go to “Display Settings” and select “HDMI Output” from there.
- Select “Use as Monitor” on the next screen, then confirm that you want to connect your laptop via HDMI to your PS4 by selecting Yes on the next screen (you may be prompted to enable a device that isn’t already connected). You will be prompted again to confirm this in a few seconds.
- Once you have confirmed that you are ready, select “Next” from the following screen and wait for it to finish installing before you begin playing games or watching movies on your PS4!
Using Vnc To Connect To Your Ps4 From Your Laptop
- Download VNC Viewer for your computer.
- Install and run VNC Viewer on your computer.
- Connect to your PS4 with the password that you have set up for your PS4, which you will find in the [Settings] menu of your PS4.
- Once connected, you can use the mouse and keyboard on your computer to control the cursor on the screen of your PS4 from a remote location.
- You can also use VNC to control a Windows PC or Mac from a remote location via a network connection to access files, folders, documents, and programs stored on these devices (e.g., Dropbox).
Laptops are a great source of entertainment, especially if you’re traveling. But if you want to play games on your laptop, you need the right equipment to connect it to your PS4. Thankfully, there are multiple ways you can do this. You can hook your PS4 up to an HDMI port on your TV, or you can use an application called VNC on your laptop. With these options, you can easily play your favorite games while using your laptop as a monitor.