With the popularity of wireless headphones, you may be asking yourself what are AirPods? What do they do? How do I use them? If you’re reading this article, then we can presume that you’ve purchased a pair of AirPods and now need to know how to pair them with a new case. After all, it only makes sense that the majority of people would want to keep their AirPods safe and sound. In this blog post, we will go over everything you need to know about pairing your AirPods with a different case. Whether you want to store them in a different carrying case or just change up the look every once in a while, we have you covered!
Can you pair AirPods with a different case?
Yes, you can. You can pair AirPods with a case that does not have a magnetic closure and/or a case that does not have the Apple logo on it. Let’s go over some tips to help you pair AirPods with a different case.
How To Pair Airpods With A Different Case?
- Make sure your case does not have a magnetic closure and/or the Apple logo on it. Here are some examples of cases that do not have a magnetic closure:
- Remove the AirPods from their charging case and make sure they are both powered off.
- Attach the AirPods to your compatible device (iPhone, iPad, or Mac).
- Turn on Bluetooth on the device you’re pairing with AirPods and select “AirPods” when prompted to pair.
- The AirPods should now be paired with your device! Let’s go over a few more tips to help you pair AirPods with a different case:
Why You Should Still Use Your Case To Store Your Airpods
- If your case has a magnetic closure, you can still use it to store your AirPods. You can simply remove the magnetic clasp from your AirPods and store the pair in the case, which would then be closed with a regular button or zipper.
- If your case does not have the Apple logo on it, you can still use it to store your AirPods. You can simply remove the Apple logo from the case and place it on top of your AirPods when they are inside of their charging case. This will then help keep them safe in their charging case when not in use.
- If you would rather have a different look with your AirPods than what they originally came with, you can simply remove their original lanyard and replace it with one of your own choosing (you will need to cut off the lanyard that came with your AirPods).
- You may also want to replace the earbuds that came with your AirPods and swap them out for a new pair (which are compatible). Just make sure that both earbuds work! Here is an example of an earbud replacement:
- Lastly, if you’re looking for a new carrying case to store your AirPods while they’re not in their charging case, we recommend going through our article on how to choose a carrying case. We’ve put together some great options ranging from leather cases like this one to hard cases like this one.
Benefits Of Using Airpod?
1 . Convenient to use
It is convenient to use as no wires are needed. It also offers good protection for the earbuds.
2 . Comfort for the user
The AirPods case has a special design that can be fitted to the shape of each ear. This design makes the AirPods more comfortable while use them.
3 . More convenient and easy to carry
It is more convenient to carry as it can be stored in a pocket and also secure in a bag without worrying about breaking or dropping it and without having to search for an outlet to charge it.
4 . Good sound quality
The sound quality of the music coming from this case is very good as there is no interference between the pods when you are listening to music on your phone or other devices through Bluetooth connectivity.
5 . Durable
It is very durable as it is made of high-quality materials. It also offers good protection to the AirPods as it has a built-in stand feature that will allow you to prop your AirPods up when they are not being used.
6 . Secure and safe
The AirPods case is very secure because it has a built-in stand feature that will allow you to prop your AirPods up when they are not being used. This feature will also prevent the pods from accidentally falling out of their case which could cause damage or even break them if they hit a hard surface or even the floor while they are still in their case.
8 . Easy to clean
It is easy to clean as there are no hard parts on the case and it is also easy to wipe off the dirt from the pods.
9 . No charging cable is needed
It does not come with a charging cable, this means that you do not have to worry about remembering where you have left your charging cable when you go out and it also means that you do not have to worry about dropping your AirPods while they are charging which could cause damage or even break them if they hit a hard surface or even the floor while they are still in their case.
10. Bluetooth connectivity
You do not have to worry about the AirPods getting tangled up when you are using them as this case has a built-in stand feature that will allow you to prop your AirPods up when they are not being used.
There are many reasons why you would want to pair AirPods with a new case. If you frequently change up your style, you might want to keep a variety of cases on hand for your AirPods. You may also want to keep your AirPods in a different case when traveling to protect them from damage. If you ever want to change the case you pair your AirPods with, the process is just as easy as pairing them to your original case. Simply take your AirPods out of the charging case and then open up your iPhone’s settings app. Navigate to the Bluetooth menu and select your new case from the available devices. Once you’ve paired your new case with your iPhone, you can start taking calls, listening to music, and doing everything else you would normally do with your AirPods!
Does it come in different colors?
No, it does not come in different colors.
What is the difference between wireless charging and this wireless case?
This wireless case does not have a built-in battery that will charge your AirPods when they are placed on the stand feature of the case. Therefore, you will need to plug your AirPods into your iPhone with a Lightning cable to charge them while they are in their case with this product. Please remember to always use a certified lightning cable for your iPhone as there have been cases reported where lightning cables were used but not certified ones and resulted in severe damage to the AirPods or even worse, a fire!
Will it work with all iPhone models?
This case will only work with the iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 models. When paired with the iPhone 7 or iPhone 8, the AirPods will be charged using the iPhone’s Lightning port. The case itself does not have its own battery that will charge the AirPods.
Does this case come in different colors?
No, it does not come in different colors.
Is this case compatible with all other wireless charging cases?
This wireless charging case is only compatible with other wireless charging cases that have a built-in battery and will charge your AirPods when they are placed on their stand feature while they are still in their case.