Nowadays every third online service asks users for their mobile phone number. The main goal of this is the identity verification of every user. It brings multiple benefits such as reducing spam, complicating the process of multi-accounting, and others. There are also disadvantages though. Since phone number is one of the categories of personal information, providing it to websites and apps places users at risk of their data falling into the wrong hands, and not everyone can accept that.
Sometimes there is a way to avoid this thing by completing verification with an email address as an alternative method. But what if using a phone number is a mandatory step that cannot be skipped? In this case, there is a great solution called the online phone number. This tool can be used to complete verification during registration or with an already registered account on any web platform.
Online Number: What Is This Feature?
Online phone numbers are a relatively new tool that is not often used by the general public yet. Due to this fact, many people regard it as extremely difficult or perhaps ineffective feature. However, none of these opinions is correct. Online numbers are very similar to real numbers as they are also issued by official cellular providers, operate in their networks and linked to real SIM cards with tariff plans.
However, there is also one crucial distinction. When it comes to using online phone numbers, there is no need to have a mobile phone. They are connected to internet servers using appropriate hardware, which allows them to be used right via the internet. So, there is nothing wrong with utilizing online numbers to sign up for websites and apps on a laptop, desktop computer, or other device. You can do this with any gadget that has an internet connection simply by taking advantage of solutions that are provided by relevant online services.
How Is Privacy Ensured?
Ensuring privacy is not the main purpose of online phone numbers. Usually, they are used by those who want to register for web platforms with mandatory mobile number verification if for some reason they cannot use their own phone number. But recently they started being often used also by internet users who want to become more confidential on the web. There is a variety of reasons for this tendency. Online numbers are great for ensuring privacy because they:
- Unavailable for texting or calling by people. Numbers of that kind are intended to receive solely verification codes from websites and apps. No one can use them to send text messages or make calls to their users and disturb them.
- Leave no digital footprints. Searching for online phone numbers yields no results. There is no information about them available on the web regardless of used search system.
- Cannot be tracked. Online numbers have a fixed location that does not change based on user movements. Thereby, it is not possible to determine their real location with any tools and under any conditions.
The benefits that such numbers bring to the table allow you to greatly increase your online privacy and make a fake TikTok account or fake account on any other online service. Due to numerous data hacks and leakages, having such an opportunity is critical these days.
Using An Online Phone Number For Registration
The only way to use an online number is via particular websites and applications that provide the option to use this service. There are several of them available on the internet at this moment. However, it is important to choose carefully as not all of them offer high-quality services at fair pricing.
If those parameters are exactly what you are looking for, then take a look at SMS-Man. This company provides numbers from over a hundred countries and allows users to receive verification codes with thousands of online services. Here is what to do if the goal is to buy online phone number and operate it:
- Sign up for an account at sms-man.com.
- Navigate to the payment tab and add as many funds to the balance as needed.
- Go to the main page of the website and select the online number country.
- Select a website or app with which to use it on the same page.
- Purchase the number by pressing the buy button.
This is almost everything there to do. Now simply enter the purchased online phone number during the registration process or while attempting to verify an already created profile in the selected online service and use it as a regular phone number for the intended purpose.