The popularity of call tracking services is increasing every year. They are becoming indispensable not only for contact centers of large enterprises but also for small businesses. The first step that needs to be taken for successful software implementation is to find the best call-tracking company to get a guarantee of reliability.
In this article, we’ll explore the numerous advantages of call recording systems. We will also discuss what you should consider when choosing a digital product.
Call Tracking: Concept and Business Benefits
First, let’s see what call tracking is. It’s the opportunity to assign separate phone numbers for different promotion channels. You don’t need to ask your customers where they found out about your business or saw your ads. You can use call tracking in digital and traditional marketing.
According to a report by Research and Markets, the market for call tracking software in 2023 is estimated at $2099 million. For comparison, in 2022, its size was about $1866 million. Experts also predict that by 2030 the market could increase to $4940 million.
Thus, businesses must understand how keeping track of sales calls can help them.
Assigning phone numbers to specific communication channels is a method of collecting data on all incoming calls in your contact center or company as a whole. You can record conversations thanks to the installed software. Data about the source, date, time, call duration, etc., are stored. All of them are recorded and transferred to other systems for further processing.
Call tracking software is an effective tool for collecting customer data. The service gives your marketers all the information they need to build advertising campaigns and determine the most effective channel to attract customers.
What Business Benefits Does Call Tracking Provide?
The CFI Group survey shows that about 76% of consumers prefer phone service. This means software for assigning unique numbers to communication channels can strengthen your competitiveness in the market.
Call tracking advantages also include the following:
- Improved service. Call recording lets you know your customers’ problems, interests, and motives. Based on this, you create unique interaction scenarios with each subscriber.
- Increased loyalty. For example, computer voice assistants promptly redirect the caller to the right specialist, reducing waiting time. This positively affects the customer experience, so they will want to come to you again.
- Optimized call center. Systems and apps for tracking sales calls simplify operators’ work by automatically recording all call attributes. Thus, the probability of human error is reduced.
- Increased return on investment. Using special services for call tracking, you get a complete picture of the performance of a particular channel. Therefore, you will understand where to invest your finances to maximize profit.
- Expanded customer base. Having a lead management system also facilitates the collection of leads. Integrating it with CRM lets you easily register and track qualified leads.
Assigning unique numbers helps you keep track of the most effective advertising channels. With this data, you can develop successful marketing strategies and increase sales.
What Features Should Best Call Tracking Software Have?
The program should have an easy-to-use control panel. This will speed up the learning process for you and your employees, so you can optimize your call center faster. Pay attention to the key features that software vendors offer you as well. Among the most in-demand are:
- Call tracking and distribution. This helps you identify the best trends to build ad campaigns and prevents leakage in the sales funnel.
- Tracking incoming calls. The feature provides detailed attribution of call traffic and quick connection to the operator.
- IVR System. An interactive voice assistant for greeting callers. Created based on artificial intelligence, it also helps to find out the reasons for the call and connect the caller to the right specialist.
- Lead management software. Automated algorithms are used to select qualified leads.
- Call recording. All conversations with subscribers are stored to analyze customer interactions and develop operator training materials.
- API and other integrations. This is necessary to connect third-party systems used in your company’s work.
- Reporting tools. Data is collected and organized in real-time. All information is sent to an email address in an easy-to-read format.
All of these features and more make your interactions with subscribers easier. Advanced technologies such as voice recognition, artificial intelligence, and machine learning help you develop a personalized approach to each customer.
Indicators That Services Provide for the Recording of Calls
A good system should collect the necessary call-tracking metrics to provide your business with complete analytics. Let’s take a look at the key metrics that programs offer:
- The number of calls for any period. You can see the calls for the day, month, and quarter.
- Sources from which the calls come. With this metric, you will determine which advertising sources are the most effective.
- Waiting time for the operator’s response and the call’s duration. Helps you evaluate employee performance, so you can take steps to improve performance and develop template scenarios for newbies.
- Date and time of the call from the interested consumer. You can measure engagement if you know how long it took to get a call after publishing the ad.
- Conversion rate. The metric shows how many customers took the desired action. You will also learn how long it takes to go through the sales funnel and turn a lead into a customer.
- The number of calls received from each client. Thanks to this data, you will know who is calling you for the first time and who has already contacted the operator. Recording the reasons for repeat calls will help you improve your service.
With these indicators, your marketers will have all the information they need to create the best promotion strategies.
How Do I Find the Right Software?
To choose the best call-tracking service, focus on the following criteria:
- The software should provide real-time call tracking, recording, analytics tools, and more to achieve your business goals.
- The program should easily interact with other systems and tools used in your company.
- Examine the provider’s price list to see how their services fit your budget. Find the best option that combines the features you need at a reasonable cost.
- Technical support. It is essential to clarify whether the call tracking company provides installation, configuration, and technical support services for the digital solutions offered. This way, you can be sure that they will come to your aid in an emergency.
These criteria will help you determine the most suitable call-tracking service provider. Consequently, the selected software will be the key to successfully promoting your business.
Call tracking services and lead management sales software are practical tools for creating a successful marketing strategy. With the right digital product, you’ll optimize the work of call center agents, marketers, and sales executives. At the same time, your customers will receive personalized and timely service that boosts sales.