In this digital world, you can find animated images and videos almost everywhere. Some websites, social media platforms, apps, games, and almost anything you can think of now come with some sort of animation or video effect. Animated images known as Gifs have become quite popular recently. They are small images that get reused over and over again to create a bigger visual experience. In the past few years, the usage of GIFs has exploded in popularity thanks to social media networks like Twitter and Facebook. If you are using a Chromebook, then you might be wondering how to set a gif as your wallpaper on Chrome OS? Thankfully, it’s quite easy.
How To Set A Gif As Your Wallpaper On Chromebook?
- Open the Chrome browser, and click on the Chrome menu in the top right corner.
- Select More tools > Extensions.
- A popup window will appear with a list of all installed extensions on your Chromebook. Scroll down and find the Gif Wallpaper Extension, and click on it to enable it.
- Now you will see a new icon next to your Chrome menu named Gif Wallpaper Extension. Click on that icon to access its settings page.
- On this page, you have full control over what type of gifs you can set as your wallpaper on your Chromebook, and in which size (in pixels). You can also select which sites are allowed to use this extension for setting gifs as wallpaper in the future, or if you want to disable it completely in the future by clicking “Remove”.
- Once everything is set up properly, click “Apply” at the top right corner of the extension window to save changes made so far and apply them immediately across all supported apps and websites where this feature is available for using a gif as wallpaper or background image effect later when needed again!
Why You Should Set A Gif As Your Chromebook Wallpaper
- Gifs are small, and they can be stretched to any size you want. Whether you want a small gif of a small object or a large gif of a larger object, it’s all up to your imagination.
- Gifs can be set as your Chromebook wallpaper in any size you want, no matter how big or how small it is.
- Gifs can be set as your Chromebook wallpaper in any color combination you want, and no matter which color combinations are allowed on the sites where this feature is available for using a gif as wallpaper or background image effect later when needed again!
- Your Chromebook will look pretty cool with an animated image as its wallpaper, especially if it’s animated images of nature or animals like birds and whales that move in the wind!
- If you have an Android phone with an Android emulator such as Bluestacks installed on it then installing this extension on Chrome OS will allow you to use that same GIF as your wallpaper on Android when using an app such as Allo or Hangouts from ChromeOS! You can have both the Android app and the ChromeOS app for messaging on the same device at the same time!
- If you have an iOS device with an iOS emulator such as BlueStacks installed on it then installing this extension on Chrome OS will allow you to use that same GIF as your wallpaper on iOS when using an app such as Allo or Hangouts from ChromeOS! You can have both the iOS app and the ChromeOS app for messaging on the same device at the same time!
How To Find The Right Gif For Your Chromebook?
- Go to this page and scroll down to the section titled “Select a gif” and copy the link of that gif you want to use as your Chromebook wallpaper.
- Open Chrome’s extensions page in the Chrome web browser by clicking on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of your browser, then clicking on “More tools” and then clicking on “Extensions” at the bottom of that drop-down menu.
- Paste your copied link into the box labeled “Paste here” at the top right corner, then click on “Add to Chrome”.
- You will see a confirmation message at the top of your screen after you paste your copied link, click on “Add extension”.
- You will be taken back to where you were before when installing this extension, click “OK”.
- You will be notified again that there are no extensions installed yet, click ok once again to finish the installation of this extension.
- Now go back to where you were before and go back there by clicking on that same button labeled “Back” or by using any other method (like Ctrl + Shift + T) in order for it to work properly!
- Look for a new tab called Gifs and click it so it highlights green, now click anywhere inside that tab until all its contents are highlighted green as well! That means all gifs are selected for use in this feature! Congratulations! Your Chromebook is now ready to use this new feature!
- Go back to the Chrome web browser’s extensions page by clicking on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of your browser, then clicking on “More tools” and then clicking on “Extensions” at the bottom of that drop-down menu.
- When you are there, click on that same button labeled “Remove extension” which is highlighted in red.
- Wait for it to finish removing all traces of this extension from Chrome’s extensions page, then click “Remove from Chrome”.
How To Set A Video As Your Wallpaper On Chromebook?
- Go to the Chrome browser’s settings page by clicking on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of your browser, then clicking on “Settings” at the bottom of that drop-down menu.
- Click on “Show advanced settings” at the bottom of that same page.
- Scroll down to the section titled “Personal stuff” and click on it once to select it, then click on “Set wallpaper”.
- In this new window, you will be asked to pick a background image or a photo for your Chromebook’s background, so pick one from your device’s internal storage or from a photo gallery app installed on your Chromebook if you have one installed! If not, pick a photo from an online album service like Picasa or Flickr!
- Click “Next” when you are done with adding all these pictures and set them as your Chromebook wallpaper!
- Click “Done” at the bottom of that page when you are finished with setting up those pictures as your Chromebook’s background image.
There are many ways to set a Gif as your wallpaper on your Chromebook. You can use an app to find the right Gif, or you can even use a website. You can also choose to set a video as your wallpaper, but that’s a different story. Gifs are great ways to make your Chromebook look fun, fancy, and colorful. They are also great for getting your creative juices flowing on a creative project. So, what are you waiting for?
How do I set a Gif as my wallpaper on my Chromebook?
Go to the Extensions page on your Chromebook and click on “Gifs” in the top right corner of the screen. Then, click on that same button which is highlighted in red. Clicking it will highlight all Gifs and you can then choose a Gif to set as your wallpaper.
Can I use a video as my wallpaper?
Yes! You can use videos as your wallpaper if you want to, but let me warn you that video files are quite large, so make sure you have enough storage space before choosing one to use for this purpose!