In the last few years, Facebook has grown more than just a site for posting photos and keeping in touch with friends. It’s also a place to find love. Or at least that’s what they want you to think. Since most people have an account anyway, Facebook launched its own dating platform with the hope of attracting new users and furthering its reputation as a go-to social media site for networking. However, some people might not be so keen on sharing their dating profile and photo with all of their friends, which is why you can completely opt-out of this feature. Keep reading to learn how to turn off the dating feature on Facebook, protect your privacy, and stop creepy stalkers in their tracks.
How To Turn Off Facebook Dating?
- Open Facebook.
- Go to the Settings menu and select the Security option.
- Select the “Apps” option, then scroll down and turn off “Facebook Dating”.
- If you want to resume using Facebook, simply click on “Account” in the top left corner, then click on the “Update” button at the bottom of your screen.
- You can also open Facebook to turn on the “Facebook Dating” option, but after you have done this, refrain from clicking on the “Update” button.
- To turn off all dating apps at once, visit this link and scroll down to the “Apps” section.
- Find the “Facebook Dating” app and click on the three dots in the top right corner of each app.
- Choose whether you want to allow or disallow each app and click on “Update.”
- After you have updated all of your dating apps, visit your Settings page again and choose “Security,” then select Apps.”
- Scroll down to find Facebook Dating and turn it off by clicking on the three dots in its top right corner and choosing either Allow or Deny.”
Disabling The Facebook Dating Feature
- Go to Facebook and log into your account.
- Click on the Facebook icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Settings from the drop-down list of options at the top of the page.
- Scroll down and click on Account Settings from the left-hand side menu bar.
- Under Account Security, scroll down to Turn Off Facebook Dating under the Security Options section and click on it to turn it off.
- You will now be asked whether you want to continue without having any new notifications or if you want to receive notifications before someone adds you as a friend on their profile or Timeline (the default setting is for this option). Click Continue without Notifications if you would like to turn off all future requests for friend requests from people who are interested in dating you through Facebook Dating service, or click Continue with Notifications if you would like to receive a notification each time someone adds you as a friend or Timeline through Facebook Dating service and then decide whether or not you want this person as a friend, depending on your preferences regarding such requests (the default option is for this option). If you don’t wish to continue receiving any future friendship requests from people who are interested in dating through Facebook Dating service, then all future requests for friendships will be ignored by Facebook Dating service even though they may have been sent by different users than those who had sent previous requests through such FBD services.
- After clicking Continue with Notifications, you will be asked to confirm your choice by clicking Continue.
- After clicking Continue, you will be taken back to the Account Security page and the Facebook Dating service will no longer be active on your account.
- If you would like to turn off all future requests for friend requests from people who are interested in dating through the Facebook Dating service, then click Turn Off All Future Requests under the Security Options section of the Account Settings page and enter your password to continue with the disabling process.
- You may now log out of Facebook and close your browser window if you wish to turn off all future requests for friend requests from people who are interested in dating through the Facebook Dating service on every account that you have created on Facebook or if you have created an additional profile on one of your existing accounts with access to such services that you wish to disable such services from being used (the default option is for this option).
How To Stop Stalkers From Finding You On Facebook?
- First of all, go to your Facebook account settings:
- Now, you have to click on the “Ads” option.
- On this page, you will see a link “Manage Ad Preferences”. Click on it and then come back to the previous page by clicking on the “Ads” option again.
- In the new page that opens, scroll down and you will see a list of categories where ads can be shown to you based on your interests or habits (here is where your preferences are saved).
- Now, click on one of these categories and adjust its settings so that it shows you ads that are relevant to your interests or habits (this is how advertisers can target people). If there is no category for your interests or habits in this list and if there is no category for them at all but only a blank space then just choose “None” from the drop-down menu under the “Ads preferences” field on the previous step 4 and click “Save Changes”.
There are so many ways to find a date these days, and dating apps are extremely popular. However, dating apps can pose a threat to your privacy, especially if you’re not careful. By turning off the dating feature on Facebook and opting out of dating ads, you can protect your privacy, stay safe, and avoid situations that you might regret later.