You may have corrupted your SD card or might be facing issues accessing the files saved on it. You may have encountered various issues with your SD card as well, and that’s why you landed here. In this article, we will help you troubleshoot the various problems you may face with your Android device and its storage. The troubleshooting tips given below will help you fix a corrupted SD card on an Android phone or tablet. Let’s get into details about the different ways in which an SD card can go bad and what you can do about it. If any of these things sound like something that’s happened to your phone or tablet recently, keep reading to find out how to fix a corrupted SD card on an Android device.
How To Fix Corrupted SD Card On Android?
- If you have a smartphone If your computer has an SD card reader then you can download a copy of your data to the card. Keep in mind that many laptops and desktops have an SD card slot, but they may not be enabled. Also, you may need an adapter if your computer uses a different type of card.
- If you have a tablet You can insert the SD card into an adapter and then into your computer’s card reader. You may need to transfer the data to a microSD card first, and then insert that card into your computer. You may also be able to connect directly to the tablet via its USB port, provided it has one.
- If you have an action camera Action cameras record video to Micro SD cards, so you can use these methods as well as long as they fit your camera.
- If you have a smartphone or tablet with a non-removable SD card If your phone or tablet has a non-removable SD card, like the ones built into Google Pixel phones, then you may need to pay for professional data recovery services from a company like Kroll Ontrack.
- If you have an older phone with removable storage If your device uses removable storage instead of integrated storage, check out how to recover files from mobile phones.
- If you’ve installed some new apps and now want to go back to the previous version of Android The process for doing this depends on which version of Android you’re using (like KitKat or Lollipop). You can find instructions on how to revert Android versions here.
- If some of your photos are corrupted after updating your camera app If this is the case, try opening them in another app before attempting anything else; if they open normally in that app then they should be fine. If they don’t open correctly, then you may need to try a data recovery program like Stellar Photo Recovery.
- If your SD card has become corrupted and you’re unable to reformat it If you’ve tried everything else, then you may need to replace the card.
- If your SD card is missing or damaged If this is the case, then there isn’t much you can do except getting a new one and move your data over using one of the methods above.
- If your SD card doesn’t work on any device You should contact the manufacturer of your device for help with this problem, as it may be a problem with the device rather than the SD card itself.
What Happens When An SD Card Gets Corrupted?
If your SD card is missing, damaged, or broken
If your SD card is missing, damaged, or broken, then you’re out of luck. You won’t be able to recover any of the data and will need to buy a new one.
If your SD card is corrupt or damaged
If your SD card is corrupt or damaged, then you’ll need to try and recover the data yourself. You can do this using a data recovery program like Stellar Photo Recovery.
If your SD card is missing or damaged but you can still access the data
If your SD card is missing or damaged but you can still access the data, then you should try to recover it using a data recovery program like Stellar Photo Recovery.
If your SD card is not formatted properly
If your phone or tablet isn’t reading the card, try formatting it again. This will erase all of its contents, so make sure that you’ve copied everything that you need somewhere else first.
If your SD card is not formatted properly and you can’t access the data
If formatting the card doesn’t work, then you’ll need to try a data recovery program like Stellar Photo Recovery.
If your SD card doesn’t work on your phone or tablet
If your phone or tablet isn’t reading the card, then you’ll need to try a different card. You may also need to check whether or not there are any updates available for your phone or tablet’s operating system (if any). Many times problems like these can be fixed by updating software.
If your SD card isn’t formatted properly and you can’t access the data and it doesn’t work on your phone or tablet
If formatting the card doesn’t work, then you’ll need to try a data recovery program like Stellar Photo Recovery. If that doesn’t work, try connecting your phone or tablet to a computer via USB and copying all files from the memory card to somewhere on the computer. Then reformat the memory card again.
When an SD card gets corrupted, you may not know what hit you until it’s too late. The best way to prevent this is to regularly clean up your SD card, avoid storing large files on the card, and use a file manager app to regularly check for issues. If you do find an issue, you can try to fix it by clearing the card’s cache and data or using a file recovery app to restore damaged files. If all else fails, you’ll have to replace your SD card with a new one.