Breaking up with someone can be difficult, but what makes it even harder is when your ex blocks you on social media. In today’s world, it’s hard to avoid our exes, and it can be tough when we see that they’ve blocked us. Whether it’s on Instagram, Facebook, or any other platform, being blocked can leave us feeling confused and hurt. So, why did my ex block me on Instagram? There are a few possible reasons, but the most common ones are feeling overwhelmed by seeing their ex, trying to move on, or feeling a need for distance. Knowing why it happened is the first step in learning how to move on and find closure.
Why Your Ex May Have Blocked You On Instagram?
- Your relationship is over.
- You have been unfriended by your ex on Facebook or other social media sites.
- Your ex has blocked you on Instagram because they feel uncomfortable with your posts or photos and they don’t want to see them anymore.
- They deleted their account and you have been trying to contact them via email and Instagram direct messages, but they are ignoring you and not replying at all. This is another reason why you may be blocked on Instagram by your ex, as well as the fact that you can’t contact them using the feature “Message From” which they used in their profile to send private messages to one another within the app. When this happens, it is often a sign that the relationship has ended or that it is headed in that direction, so don’t try to continue contacting them after this point as it will only cause problems for both of you in the future if you do so.
- You are being excessively annoying or rude with your posts and comments on their photos, and they have had enough of it.
- You have been unfriended by your ex on Facebook or other social media sites as well, which also shows that you are being too persistent in trying to stay in contact with them after the relationship has ended. If you are friends with them on Facebook, but unfriended them on Instagram, then this is another sign that you should leave them alone after the breakup and stop contacting them through multiple social media platforms to keep the conversation going between both of you.
- They blocked you because they found out that their partner had been cheating on them, which is a very common reason why people block one another on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook after a breakup. If this is the case for your ex, then it is best to leave him/her alone so that he/she can move on with his/her life without worrying about being bothered by you anymore as he/she will no longer be thinking about you at all while they are doing whatever they are doing now without having to worry about any of the negative feelings from his/her past relationship coming back into the picture.
- They blocked you because they found out that you were using their account for personal gains, such as hacking into their account to view their private photos and messages. If this is the case, then it is best to leave them alone and stop contacting them after this point as they will not be happy that you are doing so and they won’t want to talk to you anymore.
- You are sending them messages to get them to unfriend you back, which is a very common tactic that people use to get someone they want to break up with them to do so. If this is the case, then it is best to leave your ex alone as he/she will not be happy that you have been contacting him/her like this and will no longer want to talk with you anymore after this point.
- They blocked you because they found out that they were the ones cheating on their partner, which is another reason why people block one another on social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook after a breakup. If this is the case for your ex, then it is best for both of you if you leave him/her alone so that he/she can move on without having any negative feelings about his/her past relationship come back into the picture and ruin his/her life again in the future by being around him/her every day in order for his/her past relationship with you to keep coming up at every turn whenever he/she tries to move on from his current relationship with someone else in the future.
How To Face The Emotions Of Being Blocked On Instagram
- You can visit their profile and send them a message to see if they’re active on Instagram.
- If you have an email address, you can send them an email.
- You can also try to DM them on Instagram, but this is difficult because the people who are blocked will not be notified about your messages. For some reason, it remains that way even if you have an email address or a phone number in your account settings.
- You can start a live chat with them by posting something on your story and asking for their Instagram username to get in touch with them directly through the app itself (if they’re not on Instagram). This method is limited to direct messages only and is also free of charge because it’s done through the app itself rather than going through third-party services like Facebook or Snapchat.
- You can also try to get in touch with them on Facebook or through their other social media accounts.
- You can also send them a text message via the app if they have an email address linked to their account, but only when they’re not currently active on Instagram.
- If you’re a friend of theirs, you can send them a message directly from the app and ask them if they’re on Instagram and why they blocked you. This is free of charge and works even if you have an email address linked to your account. This method is also limited to direct messages only, though it’s possible that your friend might respond via email or phone call instead of using the app itself (depending on their preferences).
- If you don’t want to contact them via phone, text, or email and just want to see why they blocked you on Instagram, then you can try messaging them through Facebook Messenger (if they have an account) or through WhatsApp (if they don’t). This is free of charge and doesn’t require any additional third-party services like Facebook or Snapchat for it to work because it’s done directly through the app itself rather than going through third-party services like those mentioned above.
Being blocked by an ex can be confusing, frustrating, and heartbreaking. It can be helpful to know that there are many reasons why an ex would block you, and it’s important to find closure in the relationship ending. To move on after being blocked, it can be helpful to be kind to yourself, stay positive, focus on your life, let go of negative feelings, find a new social media activity, and avoid triggers.